Sports Activities From January 2011 Till Date
- MIG CRICKET CLUB team won the Mahim Dadar Challenge shield cricket Tournament for the 2nd consequent year.
- MIG Cricket Academy team won the U/12 Indian Gymkhana tournament for the 2nd consequent year.
- MIG Cricket Academy team won the U/13 PTVA tournament and started the year in a high note.
- MIG Cricket team won the U/16 Ghosh Trophy tournament in the first week of January.
- MIG Cricket Academy team lost the Semi Final of U/14 Cadence Cup tournament, Pune.
- IPL teams like Pune Warriors and Kolkata Knight Riders had their practice sessions.
- Intra Club Inter-department tournament was held on 27th February 2011 with great success.
- Round year Cricket coaching was successfully held from October 2010 to March 2011 with more than 250 students participating.
- Summer Cricket Coaching was held from 15th April to 27 May 2011 with more than 300 students participating.
- 3rd Open Swimming gala was successfully held on 15th & 16th January 2011 and nearly 360 swimmers participated from different Club of Mumbai with Senior Swimmers upto age of 84 years participating. Our Club Swimmers Divyansh Jain, Karan Muzumdar, Kashmira Sequeira, Janvi Shetty, Richa Nadkarni, Sanay Satam and Pradyot Borkar came out with flying colours in their respective category. The event was covered by media and is recognized as one of the top organized event in Mumbai today.
- Divyansh Jain is being selected for National School held in Kolkata.
- Summer Coaching Camp was held from 15th April to 3rd June 2011 and this time a record of nearly 225 students participated.
- This year too Summer Adult coaching Camp was organized for Members.
Billiard and Snooker
- Nahar Group-MIG Cricket Club All India Invitation Snooker tournament was held from 1st May 2010, wherein the likes of national International players Pankaj Advani, Geet Sethi, Yashin Merchant, Devendra Joshi and other top rating players participated in the tournament.
- IntraClud handicap Snooker Double Tournament 2010 was held from 27th August 2010 to 28th September 2011.
Summer Coaching Camp was held from 11th April to 30 May 2011 with nearly 50 students participating in 3 different categories i.e. Beginners, Advance and Elite batches.
- Athletic Meet was held on 20th March 2011 which started with a Marathon Run of 5 Kms for men and 3 Kms for women.
- The Club has appreciated the efforts of Marathon runners Mr. Dilip Patil (Mem. No. LP-2107) & Mr. Pradip Kadu (Mem.No. LK-2574) by sponsoring part expenses of Rs. 50,000/- each, for participation in Comrades Ultra Marathon which is being held in South Africa on 29th May 2011.
This year too Summer Dance coaching classes was organized wherein approx. 25 participants attending in 2 different batches i.e. for Children in the morning and Adult in the evening.
- Dance Aerobics class are held round the year for ladies only for 3 times a weak i.e Mon/Wed/Fri from 7.00 pm to 8.00 pm.
- Looking at the response, it has been decided to start new 2 batches i.e Mon/Wed/Fri, 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm and Tue/Thu/Sat, 7.30 to 8.30 pm.
Gym & Health Club
The Gym. is now renovated by giving a new look along with installation of latest equipments. We are now proud to say our Gym. can be compared with any other top class Gym. of the city. Members are very happy with the new equipments. The management is now handled by professional Gym. coordinator M/s. Fitness Focus. The Diet consultation is done periodically and many Members take advantage of such consultation.